Here are some useful links to help you plan your move..
Arrange for clothes and furniture donations:
Moving Check List for Sellers
QUICK TIPS to remember when you are moving…
- Furnace is turned down or off
- Windows and doors are locked
- Keys are left as agreed upon with new owners
- All meters are read
- Leave location of water main shut off
- Turn off lights
- Leave manuals/warranties behind regarding roof, appliances
- Make sure your services are discontinued
- Transfer all bank accounts and have your bank recommend an affiliate
- Have vehicles tuned up, change insurance accordingly
- Arrange for a moving company
- Leave keys and necessary legal papers with your realtor
- Have your prescriptions refilled
- Must your will be re-written with inter-provincial moving?
- Change of address to: Driver’s licence, medical services plan, post
office, credit card accounts, friends, relatives, magazines, newspapers
- Notify insurance companies: Health, life, auto, home owners, coverage while en route
- Utilities, refunds, final bills: Hydro, telephone, cable, internet, gas, water rental.
- Obtain all records: Dentist, doctor, optometrist, specialists, school, birth, baptismal, legal documents
- Cancel deliveries: Newspapers, magazines, milk, water.
- Transfer memberships: Clubs, organizations, church, charities